EEA (European Exchange Academy) is an international summer academy for art students, held annually since 2003. This year’s academy will take place at Gerswalde, Uckermark, Germany (about 80 km from Berlin) from 12 August - 12 September.
TWO students from KiT will be selected to take part in this year’s academy. The opportunity is open for all students from BFA1, BFA2 and MFA1. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in May by Tobias Karlsson, one of the organisers of the academy. He will come to KiT to give a presentation about EEA and to conduct interviews.
To register your interest in applying, send an email to email@example.com by MONDAY 1st. MAY, describing your motivation.
If there are many expressions of interest, a pre-selection will be made by KiT teaching staff. If there are only a few, all of these will be forwarded for interview in May.
Fees for participation in the programme will be funded by KiT. Students must pay their own travel costs and other incidental expenses.
The information below describes this year’s EEA:
The program is 4,5 weeks long and open for up to 40 participants.
As a participant you will be living in one of the apartments in the EEA building. You will
share the apartment with a few other participants from different European art
academies/universities. There are plenty of shared studio/workspaces available as well as
the surrounding landscape of Uckermark that triggers the imagination.
The program consists of a few assignments in the beginning of the stay but the main focus
will be on your own individual work process. The structure of the program together with the
secluded location offers the possibility to both make and reflect on works and your practice
- The main focus will be on one individual project, which you will be asked to initiate and
work on within the timeframe of the course.
- There will be a few assignments, some to work wih individually, some in small groups.
- The possibility to work collaborative on projects and to work individual with a group of
likeminded around you.
- There will be individual and group critique sessions.
- We will all be taking care for each other.
EEA17 is open for you if you are:
- Highly motivated.
- Prepared to work really hard for a short period of time.
- Taking yourself and your practice seriously.
- Know what you want while at the same time being open to investigate new
- Open to both giving and receiving constructive feedback/critique
- Working in any art discipline.
The price to participate for the whole period of four and a half weeks will be € 1180, —
The whole educational program.
Housing & workspace.
3 Meals per day.
Coffee and tea.
Not included is:
Travel to and from EEA17
Personal insurance cost.